Kingsthorpe Golf Club was founded in 1908 and moved to our current location in 1914. The first nine holes are believed to have opened just before the first world war. It was expanded to 18 holes a year later. The club was located, at that time, on the outskirts of the town.
In the 1920’s the course was modified by the renown architect Harry Colt. Kingsthorpe is recognised by the Colt Association as a ‘COLT’ course. So we are associated with much more famous courses such as Augusta, Troon and
Royal St. Georges. We are, therefore, in excellent company.
The club has thrived ever since, playing an important role within the County and
Northants Golf Union.
Over the years Kingsthorpe GC has achieved an excellent record within all the counties team and individual competitions. Our teams have won all the major club competitions – Scratch League, Hollingsworth and Handicap League and members have achieved success in all the counties individual and pairs competitions.